The Hirer requests, and HFPPG agrees, that the Hirer may use the Premises: (a) at the times
stated above; (b) for the disclosed and pre-agreed Purpose as stated above; and (c) on the
terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
Acct Name: Highgate Forrest Park Playgroup Inc.
BSB: 036 046
Please include payment reference: PH [date] [surname] E.g. Joe Bloggs’ party hire (PH) for 18th
March = PH 1803 Bloggs
In these terms and conditions, a reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the Hirer.
HFPPG grants you the right to use the Premises on the following terms and conditions:
1. You must pay in full the Hire Fee and Bond as specified in the executed agreement within seven 7 days of signing this Agreement and prior to the proposed hire date (whichever is earlier). If you fail to pay within this time, HFPPG reserves the right to cancel this
Agreement and reallocate the Hire Date without any notice to you.
2. HPG will repay the Bond to the account details provided within 30 days after the Hire Date if HFPPG determines, in its sole discretion, there is no damage to the Premises or any excessive clean up required. The Bond will only be paid via electronic funds transfer.
3. If damage has occurred to the Premises or excessive clean-up is required, HFPPG will
deduct the cost of repair of any damage or cost of clean-up from the Bond and, if the Bond
is insufficient, will invoice you for the additional costs which shall be payable immediately
upon receipt of notification.
4. The Premises must only be used for the disclosed and pre-agreed Purpose, at the agreed
Hire Date as stated on the front page of this Agreement, for the maximum number of
people stated on the front page of this Agreement. The Premises must not be used for
any business, commercial, illegal or immoral purpose.
5. You must not on-hire or sub-let the Premises to any other person or entity.
6. You must not permit anything to be done on the Premises or near the Premises which will
cause a nuisance, grievance, disturbance or annoyance to any other premises in the
vicinity of the Premises.
7. You must not to use any additional form of lighting, heating or cooling on the Premises,
without the consent of HFPPG and must not use any electrical equipment which may
overload the cables, switchboards or sub-boards through which electricity is conveyed
through the Premises.
8. You must not to use or permit to be used any toilets, sinks, drains and other plumbing
facilities in the Premises other than for their intended purpose and will not deposit or permit
to be deposited in any of those facilities any sweepings, rubbish or other matter.
9. On completion of your hire of the Premises you must clean the Premises to return it to the
state that it was when your hire commenced, including but not limited to having completed
the tasks set out in the below “End of Hire Checklist”.
10. HFPPG operate a lockbox system for management of the key to the venue, accessible
from the side gate (between the Croquet club carpark and the HFPPG entrance). You will
be notified of the code to the lockbox 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled event.
11. Unless agreed by prior arrangement, you may only access the Premises between the start
and end time of your hire, as stated on the front page of this Agreement. All set up and
clean-up activities must be undertaken during your hire period.
12. You must:
a) ensure the Premises are not damaged, including taking all steps reasonably
necessary to ensure no part of the Premises or any fixtures in the Premises are
b) on demand, repay to HFPPG the cost of repairing any damage caused to the
Premises, where the damage results from, or is attributable to, the use of the Premises
by you or anyone who you invite onto the Premises.
13. You must:
a) protect and keep safe the Premises and any property contained in the Premises from
theft or robbery; and
b) when leaving the Premises, close and lock all doors, windows and other openings.
14. You are responsible for the actions, behaviour and safety of all persons using the
Premises during the hire period, whether or not those persons are using the Premises with
or without your permission.
15. You must immediately notify HFPPG of any incident at the Premises and follow-up in
writing with a written report (detailing the people involved, date, time and location of the
incident) involving any significant occupational safety and health issues arising within the
Premises, including any person dying or receiving any serious injury or any significant
property damage to the Premises.
16. You must not, and must ensure that any person you let onto the Premises does not, smoke
in the interior or the adjoining playground of the Premises. You must provide receptacles
outside the Premises for the disposal and removal of litter from smokers.
17. You must keep the Premises, its entrances and surrounds thoroughly clean and must
remove all rubbish and litter upon leaving the Premises. The rubbish must not be disposed
of in the local council bins or at the playgroup.
18. You acknowledge that the playground immediately outside the Premises is a public
playground open to the community at all times. HFPPG makes no warranty or
representation for any exclusive use of the playground and accepts no liability whatsoever
for the use of the public playground equipment which is not part of the Premises.
19. You must comply with all laws and safety requirements relating to the use of the Premises
and your hire.
20. You must not sell or dispense alcohol from the Premises. HFPPG must agree, by prior
arrangement, to the consumption of alcohol during the hire period. Should alcohol
consumption be permitted, you are responsible for ensuring all children are appropriately
supervised, community standards and expectations are met, and that HFPPG’s reputation
is not damaged by improper behaviour during your hire period. Any alcohol must be
consumed inside the Premises only, and removed entirely at the end of the hire.
21. You must not to do or permit anything in, on or near the Premises which is, or may be in
breach of copyright (including playing any music or performing any play which is subject
to copyright), without first obtaining a licence from the holder of the copyright.
22. The HFPPG Sponsor is responsible for the security of the key to the Premises at all times.
23. The HFPPG Sponsor must ensure that the Hirer is familiar with the Premises, including
but not limited to, opening and closing procedures, location and type of Premises facilities available and their operation, use of toys and equipment, and ensuring all HFPPG operational procedures and standards are met.
24. Should the Hirer leave the Premises in an unacceptable state, as determined by HPG,
and does not make efforts to rectify, the HFPPG Sponsor will be held responsible for making good the Premises.
25. Failing to uphold these obligations may result in disciplinary action against the HPG
Sponsor as determined under HFPPG’s model rules.
26. You use the Premises at your own risk and must indemnify HFPPG against all claims,
losses, actions, damages, costs (including legal costs) and expenses whatsoever arising
out of or in connection with your hire of the Premises, except to the extent that any claim,
loss, action, damage, cost or expense is directly caused by HFPPG.
27. Whilst all care has been taken to inform you of the condition of the Premises, HFPPG
makes no warranty whatsoever, either expressly or implied, as to the condition of the
Premises or the operational suitability of the facilities for your Purpose.
All activities to be completed at the end of your hire:
• Toys used to be packed away neatly and boxes placed back in correct location
• Kitchen benches wiped clean, dishes washed, dried and put away in cupboards
• Fridge emptied of items and all food removed
• Used towels and tea towels to washing basket in laundry
• Floors (including bathroom) vacuumed & mopped
• Toilets cleaned, and wiped over with disinfectant and basins cleaned
• All bins emptied and all rubbish to be taken off site, including any party decorations
• All lights turned off (note light in bathroom is automated, so not required to be turned off)
• Air conditioner/heater turned off
Highgate Playgroup acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we play and work, the Whadjuk people of the Noongar nation. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
Copyright © 2024 The Highgate Forest Park Playgroup Incorporated, All rights reserved.